September 30th, 2019
Joining a peer advisory council can be the answer for you to get to the next level professionally or personally, whatever that definition may mean for you. The benefits are many, regardless
of the stage of your business or the season you are in.
The benefits of peer advisory councils and mastermind groups are always relevant. This isn’t an exhaustive list, but it’s a solid 20 that our LXCouncil members claim as benefits regularly.
- Have a real connection and high level of trust with your peers.
- It is hard to find other peers who have your back when you need it, who listen when you need it most, and who understand. One member said it best: “My peer council is where I see my best
business friends once a month.”
- You will not be judged.
- Peers will listen to you openly and seek to understand you. Their feedback is for your best interest, not their best interest. It really is unbiased. And it is in a confidential environment.
They are not your “yes” men.
- Reduce stress; increase your positive mind-set.
- Do this by taking time to step away from your business, work on the business, and make progress toward what is important to you.
- Increase clarity and focus.
- Sharing your own experiences reinforces what is going well and where areas of improvement are. The more you talk about the business, the clearer you become.
- Get more ideas and perspectives.
- Hearing what your peers are doing in their own businesses is inspirational. Not everyone thinks the same, and you benefit from other approaches to solving problems or creating opportunities.
- Do more of what you do best.
- By becoming an even better leader and company, you can spend more time on what brings the most value to the company. Therefore, you’ll create more success.
- Make connections.
- Be introduced to other peers, whom you share synergies with and who can help you achieve more.
- Learn best practices.
- Learn of resources you were unaware of, best practices, and services or products that can be of benefit.
- Increase the speed of success.
- Each month you have time to work on your business, which allows you to take best-in-class ideas from others whom you trust and who have had the experience, and execute them back in
- Make better decisions.
- Be reminded of sound business practices or learn new ones. Find out what you don’t know you don’t know.
These are just a few reasons that CEOs and business owners join peer-to-peer councils (or mastermind groups).
How many of those can you identify with?
Whether it’s one or two or the whole list of reasons, you can find the fastest, most-rewarding, and most-effective solution by joining a peer advisory group.
You might be in business by yourself, but when you have your own peer group, you will never be alone. You’ll have your own team of dedicated, experienced, trusted peers, who are ready, willing, and able to share, listen, teach, and support you every step of the way while you do the same for them. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
A peer advisory group is your dream team!
If you’re ready to take your business and leadership skills to the next level, and if you think your business could benefit from more insights like what’s offered in this article, let’s start a conversation. LXCouncil may be the perfect next step!
CONNECT WITH LXCOUNCIL ON SOCIAL MEDIA