Two out of five CEOs fail within their first 18 months…
…if they don’t have adequate counsel and trusted business planning consultants, according to the Harvard Business Review.
Why? Because without an unbiased council of their peers, CEOs often fail to determine
(1) their business’s true challenges,
(2) their own contributions to those challenges, and
(3) appropriate resolutions.
“I don’t want any yes-men around me. I want everyone to tell me the truth, even if it costs them their jobs.”
Samuel Goldwyn, Founder of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.
Whether Goldwyn’s “even if it costs them their jobs” quip was tongue-in-cheek or not, there is an element of truth to it: leaders rarely get unbiased feedback from their employees, vendors, and friends. Why? Because everyone is afraid the leader will shoot the messenger. LXCouncil eliminates the risk of yes-men having too much influence over a leader’s perspective.
Why do CEOs participate in peer advisory boards?
- worry about how to stay relevant: in their marketplace, with clients, with employees, and ultimately, in business;
- realize what got them to where they are will not get them to the next level;
- are not reaching their full potential as CEO, not doing what they do best to drive the most value in the company;
- are not growing the company fast enough, and wonder why;
- are growing so fast that challenges are unrelenting and they have entered into unchartered water;
- are losing sleep over the management and leadership of their biggest asset, their business;
- do not have all the answers; they want to learn and “get there” faster;
- require different perspectives;
- need a sounding board for their ideas with unbiased feedback;
- want to develop some personal accountability; and
- need to work “on” the business, not “in” the business to be more strategic and proactive.
What makes us different?
Read about our differentiators here.
Interested in joining a custom-made “Dream Team” of business leaders whose goal is to help their peers excel?
Schedule a Consultation